Farmed Salmon Can Cause Cancer
Did you know that eating more than one meal of farm-raised salmon per month can increase your risk of developing cancer in the future due to the increased levels of chemicals and antibiotics?
Farm-raised salmon contain PCB which are cancer-causing chemicals at a concentration 16 times higher than wild salmon, and the level of dioxin is also higher, by a factor of 11 fold.
Additionally, farmed salmon provides your body with higher levels of inflammation producing omega-6 fatty acids. Inflammation leads to many diseases including cancer, diabetes, arthritis, coronary artery disease and even Alzheimer’s.
Banned Synthetic Astaxanthin
Farmed salmon get filled full of synthetic astaxanthin that no government has ever approved for human consumption. The feed given to farmed fish is a dull gray color. This potentially harmful variety of astaxanthin is used to make salmon flesh look more of a pink color so humans who eat farmed salmon will be fooled into believing they are eating real wild fish.
Did you know that Farmed Salmon:
1. are fed pellets of chicken feces, corn meal, soy, genetically modified canola oil and other fish containing concentrations of toxins
2. have seven times the levels of PCB’s as wild salmon
3. have 30 times the number of sea lice
4. are fed toxic chemicals to give them color
5. are given antibiotics at higher levels than any other livestock
6. have less omega 3’s due to lack of wild diet
7. are susceptible to more disease
When you go to a restaurant and order salmon off the menu, make sure it says wild salmon. If the menu does not say, it is farmed. Farming salmon makes it much more affordable as wild salmon prices about as much as a high end cut of beef. When trying to make healthy dinner choices for your family, choose land animals or wild salmon. Your family will thank you for it later.